Monday, October 7, 2013

It has been a long time!

Yes, it has been a long time since I have looked at my blog or added to it.  Katy's decision to go back to blogging gave me a shove in the right direction and I will resume a chronicling of family and personal events, beginning tonight.  This will be of interest to some of you and others will give it a pass, but I am doing it for myself I guess!  And to leave behind a historical legacy of sorts for my extended family.  So here goes....

We were asked recently what we think about death and Heaven, now that we are 80 and 85 years old??!   I guess we are so busy in what God gives us to do each day that we do not seem to have the time for prolonged, introspective thoughts about the future.  In thinking of death,  my mind always goes back to Aunt Donna ( a death out of season I thought)  and also to Josiah (again a death that was not supposed to be (in my mind).  And I again mourn their leaving us so soon.....   My parents were not well and were a ripe old age when they died, and it was time for them. I mourned but not as deeply or as long as I have for Aunt Donna and Josiah. 

Death - and even Heaven - do not preoccupy me - when I sing about heaven, it makes a warm feeling in my heart and I would certainly say that I am ready when the Lord has my place prepared in Heaven, but I do not dwell on that in my day to day living. 

Probably part of the reason for this is that we keep so busy.  God has led us into so many ministries and friendships and our lives are more than full.  When we have a day without activities, we enjoy it together and it becomes a day of rest physically and emotionally and mentally.  Our lines have fallen to us in pleasant places and we enjoy what God is giving us to do in our lives right now.  We realize how fortunate we are to be together thus far in life.  And we do often talk together about that - God's special grace to us.  A teenager whom I have befriended recently and who is always asking for relationship advice, wrote recently on FB to me, saying "I love the relationship that you and Mr. Milt have - I want to be like you!"   Quite a sweet compliment.   

So with this post, I go back to where I left off a few months ago, And chronicle some of the good things that are happening in our lives right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment