Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Back in touch again!!

I see it has been almost a year since I last entered anything into my blog!  It has been an interesting year with lots happening in our lives - as usual.  How we both thank God for good health. I had a doctor's checkup recently and he was very pleased with all my blood levels, etc.  And doesn't want to see me again until August. I am so lucky to have had Dad through all of my sicknesses!  You kids know what a good "doctor" he is.  He also spoils me - and I love it!

My physical troubles started back when I had unexpected brain surgery - a pituatory tumor removed when up in Pittsburgh.   Some of you were with us during those hard days.  In addition to getting over that, I have also had various falls and broke my nose and an elbow, had a knee replacement, pulled the ligament in my left upper leg and terrible bruising as a result.  I seemed to save all of my falls and sicknesses for retirement as I was always so well during my earlier life!

My left eye no longer has any sight, so I am a danger to myself and others!!  I cannot drive anymore - used to love to drive, but Dad takes me everywhere.  Any time I go out, Dad is always with me and is my constant caretaker.  God has been very good to us to allow us to live together all these years - 59 tomorrow! -  and we are also presently in good health.   People are always shocked when we tell them how old we are - I guess they think we should be sitting at home by the fire or wheeled around in wheelchairs!

I have been planning to get back to this blog for some time and finally made it today.  But I cannot remember all of the subjects I have written about, so will check this before progressing here.  We old folks often repeat ourselves, so better to check.   A bientôt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment