Friday, May 6, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY................................

This weekend is mother's day and your greetings and cards come rolling in. I am so grateful.  You are all the greatest kids in the world, and you have given to us spouses whom we love as our own. I am of all mothers most fortunate!

 Today I feel especially fortunate....I just received a Mother's Day card from your father. I was working on the computer here in my office and he had to go down and work on a building for the homeless here in town. Before he left, he put a card on my chair, which I found when I went out to fix lunch. . A lovely card - and the words are so beautiful that I had to share them with his children - YOU!!

"Sometimes I can hardly believe my good luck to be sharing my life with you.
You are such a wonderful wife and mother and I feel incredibly lucky to have found someone who I can love more each day, who I keep falling in love with over and over as our partnership deepens through the years.
"Our family may grow and change, the world may change around us, but that doesn't worry me, because I married the love of my life - and that makes me the luckiest man alive!  Happy Mother's Day!"
Invitation:  dinner at the Bamboo House on Sunday!

Isn't that incredibly beautiful - it made me cry. Almost fifty six years together now and we cannot believe God has blessed us as a couple - and blessed us with each of you children and spouses and grandchildren.  It is a good time to salute you all!

1 comment:

  1. And we are truly fortunate to have parents who have given us such a great model of love and devotion to each other! Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete